Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mayo Clothing Interview

Dearest Third Cousin,

Hope you enjoy my interview with Julie O' Connell the mastermind behind the Mayo Clothing brand. Julie is just back from Barcelona Fashion Week, if your Cork check some of her work in Miss Daisy Blue and make sure to visit Mayo Clothing online!



Where did the Urge to Create Mayo Clothing come from?

I always wanted to create my own Brand. A street style fusion of casual meets couture.

Can you tell us a bit about your design background?

I have a BA honours degree in Fashion Design from Limerick School of Art and Design. I’m  a Fashion Designer  and owner of  clothing brand Mayo .I have completed Fashion Internships with Krizia Robustella  (March 2011 – August 2011) Barcelona Area, Spain, Fashion Designer at DR Noki NHS (January 2011 – March 2011) London, United Kingdom and Aptform (Micheal Gkinis) (March 2009 – July 2009) Tokyo, Japan.


How would you describe Mayo Clothing’s aesthetic?

Exploring the cultural beauty of Street Fashion in its raw state.

You make lots of different products customised vintage clothing, once off pieces, plastic accessories and band t-shirt designs. Can you talk a bit about these products?

I love new projects, Breda Casey (Miss Daisy Blue) gave me the opportunity to customize damaged early 80’s and 90’s pieces. I am really enjoying creating these as it is a new challenge and quite different to my previous collections. My own collections are once off pieces, I love creating the prints and desinging new wearable and cute silhouettes. I also only make one of each as I hate mass produced clothing. I’m a fan of all things plastic! I think plastic accessories make a basic outfit fun and quirky. I love music, and I think band t-shirts instantly make a person youthful and fun. It is also a great challenge to convey the band’s style and concept in one simple Image.



Do you have any advice for aspiring Designers?

Keep your own style and create your own trends.

What’s next for you and for Mayo Clothing?

My aim is to spread Mayo worldwide. I am going to keep creating new collections and partake in any projects or shows available

Mayo Clothing can be found @:
Mayoclothing.com
facebook.com/mayoclothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate all your comments!