Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Frida Kahlo Music and Fashion muse.



The above collage feels like one of those "spot the difference" games such is the directness of the inspiration. However it is stunning.  Frida Kahlo is one of my favorite visual artists and this shoot captures the essence of her style and leaves you feeling that if she was around today that this what her street style snapshot would look like. 




Sorry I couldn't resist putting in some of the full size images, especially after I read Tobacco and Leather's comparison of these images to Lana Del Ray. I have to say I found this very interesting not just because of the obvious mutual appreciation of a floral head piece but because of the mutual themes of pain, anguish and melancholy in they're respective work. I can imagine Kahlo listening to Del Ray and frankly that is probably one of the biggest compliments I can give her music which for the record (sorry I couldn't resist) has been caressing my ears all Christmas!




 "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best."
-Frida Kahlo

Happy New Year,
Sarah
xx

Images via: Fashion gone Rogue

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I really love how Frida has inspired this fashion shoot, that floral headdress is especially gorgeous :)


    xx Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back x amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful... I love love love this post!
    I have a growing obsession with Frida Kahlo... Such an amazing talent and beautiful woman... her street style would definitely be something I'd love to see!

    Liv <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fall into a never ending glitter splash of love and peace the walls around me spin into luxury chocolate bars wrapped in violet bows fairies dance across the room and the world drips rainbow colors of midnight groovy vibes each of your posts is excellent and i love your blog Keep It Up X Mercury Moonshine Dutchess "Spreading Love Around The Dublin Streets Since the Full Moon Was Born" Lets spread love in Georges Arcade and Throw Glitter in the Patricks Parade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate all your comments!